FancyPantsKnits

Trying to knit while being a referee to two boys ages 9 1/2 and 5.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy New Year!

I know, I'm a little late on that. I've been a little late on a lot of things lately. It seams that the more I get done the more I have to finish. Just to warn you, this is going to be a very long post. I've got so much to say and a very short amount of time to say it. So, here goes.


Christmas knitting......


There was a little bit of knitting this year. I hadn't planned on doing any at all because I was so busy with everything else. Then, a week and a half before Christmas the boys asked if I was going to make their teachers the knitted washcloths. (ARGH!!!!) What was I to do?????



I knit them of course!!!!!!


They are all the knitting warshcloth from the Mason-Dixon book. The soap you see in front is hand made from a kit and there is a soap in each cloth. I made six, one for each teacher, one for the two teachers that I am the lunch aide for, and one for the head lunch lady. The soap is for the principle because I completely ran out of time. My arms and hands weren't feeling that great so i didn't really try very hard. I could have stayed up all night the night before the last day of school but I didn't.


A close up of the of the cloths....




Next up....Vacation


Well, I had a lot of plans for vacation. We were going to see movies, go to museums, and just have lots of fun. Didn't happen. First thing that went awry was Christmas Eve. See, it's soccer boy's birthday. That part was great. Then at night there is a lights parade that passes in front of my house. It is really cool. People decorate their cars and trucks with lights. There are fire trucks, and there are floats. They are all in lights with music and of course.....candy. Here was the first problem. Try putting to bed two boys who have been sneaking candy. Not easy. Finally about 10 o'clock they get into bed only to have the little throw up on everything. Yup, he comes down with the stomach bug. Great! Just Great! Now "Santa" has to try and deliver gifts to a little boy who keeps running to the bathroom because he refuses to use the bowl. After about an hour he finally fell asleep. Very quickly and quietly(we live in a one floor apt.) "Santa" gets all the gifts under the tree.



See, there are a lot. The red ones are not from "Santa". Those are what my husband sneaks after I've gone to bed. If you can see them, the Santa ones have Santa on the paper. I know, lots of gifts.


Christmas Day.....


Woke up about 6. Waited until 8 for everyone else to wake up. I have always woken up very early on Christmas since I was a kid. We opened presents in between actor boy's tossing cookies. (very nice). Then we just kind of hung around and enjoyed each other. We weren't having anyone over until later in the evening which worked out great. Actor boy stopped getting sick, took a nap and woke up fine. So, we had everyone over and it was a typical family Christmas. Did I mention the wine? NO? well there was some. Just for my brother and me. We drank Fat Bastard. Funny name, yummy wine.



Part of the boys present from my nieces was that they take them to a museum every year. Last year it was the Children's Museum. This year, the Museum of Science. This was on Wednesday. We were supposed to meet my mom and Aunts and Uncles and especially my aunt Bertha who was up from Florida for lunch. Well, can you figure out what comes next?


That's right, I got sick. See, soccer boy had it on the Friday before Christmas, DH for some odd reason only got the fever and aches. But nooooooo I had the full blown stomach attack. I had to spend the entire day in bed. That meant I didn't get to see my aunt at lunch. I also didn't get to do anything for myself while the boys were with my nieces. It SUCKED!!!!! See, when my nieces take the boys they are gone all day. This is the day during vacation that I usually get to spend the day doing whatever I want. Not this year. The boys didn't get home until almost ten that night. Oh the things I would have done.


Anyway, enough about that. It's still a little depressing. Onto the knitting after the holidays.


I'm still working on The Perfect Sweater. I'm in the middle of the first sleeve and it's going pretty good. Problem is I keep stopping to knit something else.


First I knit two washcloths and crochet a little basket for the WinterWonderland Swap. Nope, no pictures. I completely forgot to take any. I hope my swap pal takes some and post them because I kind of already forget what the stuff looks like.


Next up I made the boys some new slippers.




The pattern is from the new calendar I bought.


It has a different pattern every day.



And last but not least my favorite thing about the vacation...........



That's right. MALABRIGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is for a clapotis hat pattern that I found here.


I think this is enough for now. My hands are about to fall off and I have knitting to do.


' target=_blank>SmileyCentral.com src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif" border=0>



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home